Friday, September 26, 2014

Let Me Tell You About My Character's Mom (Sort Of)

I've been busier than usual at work this week, and had kind of a dud session of D&D on Sunday, so I haven't had much time to think up a topic for a blog post.

So, um... maybe you're wondering what one of the characters mentioned in this post looks like. Well, wonder no more:

Artha Parkinson by K-Bonifield

This is Artha Parkinson (née Serris), a tough-as-nails woman who happens to be a powerful psychic (and also happens to be my Rifts PC's mother), drawn by my good friend Kent Bonifield (who happens to be the GM of our Rifts campaign). He nailed it. I love the strange mashup of "fantasy world" and "high fashion" that Artha is rocking -- particularly the purse.

I imagine that requesting artwork of your character's mom has to be pretty high up on the "RPG mental illness warning signs" list, but to hell with it. You can't argue with the results.

So yeah, no real gaming content for you, once again! Next week's will be a meatier post, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment