Friday, October 31, 2014

Victory Lap

In case it wasn't already obvious, I have been having a very hard time thinking of things to blog about recently. I find that I have increasingly less to say about RPGs these days. (Well, less substantive things to say, anyway.)

I think it might be because I'm having such a great time with them at the moment. The Rifts/Fate campaign I'm playing in is sincerely a dream come true. My other game (D&D 5E, which I currently run) has been a blast, a few hiccups here and there notwithstanding. Honestly, the games that I'm participating in at the moment are a personal all-time high in terms of sheer enjoyment, and there's nothing more boring than somebody who's just plain happy about everything, right?

So, I think I'll take a break from enforcing my "must post every Friday" rule for a while. It's mostly worked out well for me, and I'm proud to have managed to keep it up for over a year. I will still make posts when the mood strikes, and will certainly continue to post session recaps for the Rifts campaign whenever we play (though whether anybody still reads those or not is up for discussion, I suppose).

This isn't a break, a hiatus, or a shutting down. I'm just not going to force myself to post when I've got nothing interesting to say.

2 comments:

  1. These are the best reasons not to blog--funny how an active and satisfying gaming life tends to reduce one's interest in writing about gaming. I'm not sure what that says about the more active bloggers out there... ;)

    And for the record, your Rifts recaps are ALWAYS a highlight of my day. Keep 'em up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more satisfied I am with a game, the less I have to say about it. At least 50% of gamer blogging is probably complaining (or at least coming up with ways to improve something).

      I'm thrilled to hear you're enjoying the recaps. Have no fear: they will continue for as long as we keep playing (and I, for one, have no intention of stopping). They're a lot of fun for me to write, even though they make my character sound like a huge Mary Sue (which I suppose he sort of is).

      Delete