Thursday, October 24, 2013

My RPG Person Profile


Technical difficulties prevented us from playing a session of the Demon Verge campaign this week, so instead, you get the latest fill-in-the-blank thingy. This one was started by Zak S.

I'm currently running (online): The Demon Verge, a B/X D&D campaign inspired by an old wargame called Demonlord. I run it on Google+, mostly on Monday nights.

I would especially like to play/run: Rifts, though maybe with a different system. Something post-apocalyptic, anyway. Spacefaring science fiction would be neat, as it's a genre I've never really played in. A mecha thing would be fun, as would a martial arts thing. I still want to run a trashy fantasy game inspired by bad movies, action figures, and Japanese video games from the 80s and early 90s. I also want to give Dragon Warriors and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay another go eventually.

...but would also try: There are piles of games I want to try, sometimes just to see how they're supposed to work. Torchbearer, Pendragon, Savage Worlds, FATE Core, Swordbearer, Tenra Bansho Zero, DragonQuest, Traveller, RuneQuest, ICONS, The One Ring, the list goes on.

I live in: Florida. The Tampa Bay area.

2 or 3 well-known RPG products other people made that I like: Renegade Crowns for WFRP2. Malleus Monstrorum for Call of Cthulhu. An Echo, Resounding for Labyrinth Lord (or B/X D&D). All of these are useful for games beyond the ones for which they were designed.

2 or 3 novels I like: Neuromancer. Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind. The Hawkline Monster.

2 or 3 movies I like: Jackie Brown. Ghostbusters. Blade Runner. 

Best place to find me on-line: Google+.

I will read almost anything on tabletop RPGs if it's: Something that shows me how to add onto or change a game to make it more useful to me, or if it's got cool random tables.

I really do not want to hear about: Your campaign world's backstory. But you should totally want to hear about mine. (Yes, this is hypocritical.)

I think dead orc babies are (circle one: funny / problematic / ....well, ok, it's complicated because....): Not much fun. Same goes for roleplaying out interrogations. I'd love to avoid both subjects entirely.

Games I'm in are like: This. But I wish they were more like this.

Free RPG Content I made for various games, but mostly old-style D&D is available by clicking on the labeled links on the right of the blog.

If you know anything about an alternate system that would work well for a post-apocalyptic game that has monsters, magic, and mecha it'd help me with a project I'm working on.

I talk about RPGs on Google+ under the name Paul Vermeren.

No comments:

Post a Comment