Sunday, March 25, 2018

Regarding ACKS and Autarch LLC

One of the few RPG products that carries my name in the credits is the core Adventurer Conqueror King rulebook. I helped out with editing and proofreading it, because someone I was friendly with in my New York Red Box days was involved and asked me to. I wasn't paid; I did it as a favor.

My involvement was honestly pretty limited. Early on I was a backer of ACKS products, and occasionally mentioned them on my blog and elsewhere. I wouldn't have done so if I'd known what I know now.

The game's designer has gone on to publicly align himself with alt-right provocateur and general douchebag Milo Yiannopoulos, apparently acting as his manager or publicist or something like that. I don't remember having much (if any) contact with Alexander Macris while working on ACKS, but if I had known of his white supremacist views at the time, I wouldn't have worked on the game at all.

I haven't supported or been involved with Autarch LLC in years, but I wanted to make my position known.

Update, November 12, 2018:

I now have very similar feelings to the above regarding my minor contribution to the Lamentations of the Flame Princess publication, Broodmother Sky Fortress. Bret Woods and I had written said contribution years before Jeff Rients chose to publish with LotFP.

At the time, I had believed that allowing James Raggi III to reprint our work in what I viewed as "Jeff's book" was of little consequence. I now regret that decision. I want to make it clear that I have never supported Raggi's trollish, puerile behavior, and certainly do not share Jordan Peterson's beliefs.