Saturday, July 20, 2013

Demon Verge House Rules


I have a long-running tendency to over-prepare for campaigns, to the point where I burn out creatively shortly after starting them, or (more often) before they even begin. This time is different. I've made a concerted effort to keep things simple in order to get things going sooner rather than later. That doesn't mean I'm going ahead with running a game, unfortunately.

It's not that I'm unprepared. I've been working on the Demon Verge campaign for a couple of months now, and it is more or less ready to go. I was hoping to start running it on Google+ in the very near future, but unfortunately, my work schedule is not cooperating with my attempts to do so. (My participation in gaming with my local friends is likewise suffering from my late work hours.)

I did manage to put together some house rules for the campaign, which it seems may or may not actually happen at this point. I figured it wouldn't hurt to share them anyway. It's nothing terribly revolutionary, but if you'd like to see what additions I've made to the B/X D&D rules, you can view the Google Drive document below:

Demon Verge House Rules

Credit where it is due: chunks of these house rules are lifted (sometimes with very little modification) from Adventurer Conqueror King and Akratic Wizardry.

No comments:

Post a Comment